Linksys Velop is a smart mesh Wi-Fi system that is easy to use and setup. Linksys Velop is a high performing WiFi mesh system that provides exceptional Wi-Fi coverage throughout your home. Linksys Velop setup is fairly a simple task and can be done in a few minutes. Linksys Velop mesh system consists of the main router that connects directly to the modem and a series of nodes. All nodes are a part of a single wireless network and share the same password. This article guides you on how to update the Linksys Velop firmware and its setup process. Have a look at the below instructions.
For initial configuration, you need the Linksys Velop system, your internet modem, and an Ethernet cable. In Linksys Velop Setup, you don’t need a computer. Just install a Linksys Velop app on your mobile device and configure the device. Here are the instructions to complete the initials setup:
- Download the Linksys Velop App on your Smartphone (Android or iOS).
- Now, connect the Velop system to your internet modem with the Ethernet cable.
- Plug the device into a power socket and turn on the device.
- Wait for the blue light that indicates that the device is on and ready to go.
How to set up the Linksys Velop using the Linksys App?
- Open the app and click the ‘Launch Setup’ button.
- Now, select the Linksys Velop from the option.
- Tap ‘Agree to term and conditions’ to continue.
- Now, the Linksys app will look for the primary unit in the network.
- Next, the app connects to the main node automatically once it finds the device.
- Next, choose the ‘Internet Connection type’. Enter the ISP settings manually.
- Enter the PPPoE username and password in the required fields. Click ‘Next’.
- Now, enter the Static WAN IP address.
- You will be prompted to create a Linksys cloud account. Create the Linksys account and enter the email address and password. Click ‘Login’.
- Now, configure the ‘Wireless Network Settings’ of the device.
- Now, select a location for your primary node or enter a new name for it.
- The primary node is configured successfully. If you want to add another node then click ‘Add another Node’ and repeat the above steps.
Linksys Velop Firmware Update
- Open the Linksys app on your mobile device.
- Log in with the default credentials to access the Velop dashboard.
- Now, tap the ‘Menu’ button.
- Next, click the ‘Velop Administration’.
- Look for the ‘Automatic Firmware Update’ button and enable it. It will automatically update the firmware of the Linksys Velop whenever a new version is released.
- If you disable the ‘Automatic Firmware Update’ feature then you will have t update the firmware manually.
- Make sure the Velop system is power on during the firmware update.
This was all about the Linksys Velop Setup. If you have any issue or query related to setup process or Linksys Velop firmware then call us now. Dial our toll-free no. or chat live through a live chat window.